Monday, November 19, 2012

Many Shades of Pink

So, I have experimented and researched more with the alcohol markers and with the inks to stamp the image.  I am told that using Staz-on for your stamped image can ruin your markers because it is a solvent ink and can bleed into your marker.  However, Staz-on was used for this purpose at convention this past summer.  I am assuming because the CTMH markers are disposable vs. the refillable competitor markers, the issue is of lesser or no concern.  So far, I have not noticed any adverse effects.  But, I have also used archival black ink which was very effective.  Most recently, I used our Slate pigment ink.  Pigment inks need to be dried with a heat tool or set aside for a short period before coloring.  I used a heat tool.   I love the vibrant color of the pigment ink.  The picture never tells the whole story but I only used the 2 shades of Blush markers to make all of these flowers.  I just kept wanting to experiment with blending and the number of different shades of pink I could create.

No comments:

Post a Comment